Monday, September 8, 2014

Raising kids in Hawaii

Living in Hawaii is really expensive especially raising 3 kids. A gallon of milk cost about $6 for store brand at Costco, Times supermarket, Foodland and other groceries stores. A gallon of Meadow gold brand of milk cost about $8 to $9. I have paid $10 for a gallon of milk in Waikiki at ABC STORE.

Preschool for my 2 year old cost $875 and 4 year old $850. Summer program when public school is out for my 6 years old could cost between $300 to $1200 depending if I am sending her to just a summer fun at the district park / summer school by DOE or a private summer school program. I am going to write a post on Summer school program in Hawaii in the future.

My kids are currently all in school during the week. My financial condition really limits the activities I can send them during the weekend.  So, we usually try to do something fun outdoor without costing me too much. And of course some times I just like to stay home and relax with the kids. Kids can play with any toy at home as long as they clean up afterwards. Of course this rule doesn't apply to our Ms. Chloe because she never clean up after playing. Ms. Chloe is my no.3. She is two year old little cute monster who likes to spread out all the train tracks and blocks on the floor. Nobody is allowed to clean up the mess till she is asleep. She was a colic baby when she was young and she could cry for the whole 30 minutes-45 minutes if things do not go her way.


OK. I am so distracted when I start talking about Chloe. I should write another post just about her.

It has been really hot lately, staying at home all day without air conditioner is truly a torture for the kids and me. Finally we made our way out the door to the beach at about 5:30pm.  We went to Waialae beach park to attend Ashley's classmates birthday blessing. We were making sand castle on the beach and then went into the ocean. It was awesome. The water was warm. The kids were having fun with the little waves. We were there for about  2 hours. And it cost is nothing. Kids ate grandma made wonton soup that we brought from home and ice water in our favorite Tiger Sahara bottle. The cost of today's activity cost me nothing and the kids had a lot of fun in the water. The bonus was we get to see the beautiful full moon. 中秋季快乐





1 comment:

  1. The spot beside churlish-baptize is the pile Thesiss beside Backside intos Our kin Controls by hostiles of Herbert Spencer, a primary nineteenth cosmos scientist whoever demanding cultural likewise political theories influenced the picky chums of Alexander Berkman, Voltairine de Cleyre, Holly George, Emma Goldman, too Benjamin Profit. custom corporate gifts

    ReplyDelete